Most people invest money in the hopes that their investment will increase in value. But how long is it supposed to take to grow? For the 52 percent of American families with investments in the stock market, that question might be a confusing one. For the other 48 percent, it might be downright unanswerable.

Thankfully, there is a way to know just how quickly your investment will increase. With the Rule of 72, you'll even be able to see how quickly it will double in value! Watch this quick video to learn about how the Rule of 72 works.

Get Started