Many people feel protected because they have a group life insurance policy with their job, but there are some downfalls to only having this kind of coverage:
- No control over the coverage (It's not really your so you can't control what's not yours).
- It only covers actively employed individuals (If you are out on sick leave, NO coverage).
- Healthier employees pay the same as those who are considered a higher risk.
- You don’t own it. It’s equivalent to renting a car (You only have it while it’s in use).
- Insurance companies craft ways to NOT pay your family the death benefit (Check out the policy exclusions page of your policy if you can get ahold of it.)
I’d like to educate you more about your group policy and help you secure a private policy. Let's talk. Click my logo above to book some time for us to talk.